Thursday, September 10, 2009

It takes time and creative energy...

I try to go to as many local resale shops as I can, mostly so that I can let friends and family know if it's worth the trip. I don't waste my time at places that aren't in good areas of town or if they aren't clean. This makes a huge difference in the quality of the items you will find. I have a list in my head of things I'm looking for. Usually this list includes things that I need for clients that are moving into new apartments or for family and friends. I am always looking for things that I can add to my treasures in my house or office. But, that isn't my number one goal!
I am seriously cleaning and organizing my home!!! That means I am donating like crazy to a local resale shop that gives their profits to homeless and needy children. They have a super clean store and the employees are very helpful! This store also has deals different days of the week. Mondays are 50% on women's items...etc. Some resale shops only offer discounts to senior citizens...and I don't fit that category...yet!
I love to brag about the items that I have gotten and also have convinced many friends that going resale is not a bad thing. Your not going to a garage sale (although I love doing that too, but not as much anymore).
Going Resale is a fabulous thing! It has saved me hundreds of dollars!

No comments:

Post a Comment